DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO PROCESS A PASSPORT
- Passport Application, which can be obtained at travel.state.gov.
- Certified copy of birth certificate (must have a raised seal - hospital certificates are not acceptable). Birth certificates are mailed with your application but returned to you with your passport. Birth certificates can be obtained from your local health department. Birth certificate should be long form certificate with parental information. How to obtain an out of state birth certificate.
- One passport photo. This can be made at any location that handles passport photos. Example: CVS Pharmacy, WalMart, WalGreens, etc.
- A check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for Passport Book Fees.
Passport Book Fees (Routine Processing)
Passport Book Fees (Expedited Processing)
Passport Card Fees- cards cannot be expedited
-Adult: $30.00 -Minors: $15.00
- If you want overnight delivery of your Passport book/card to your home/mailing address, you can pay an extra $20.66 for this service from the USPS.
5. Acceptance Agent Fee: Separate check payable to the Circuit Clerk for $25.00
6. Photocopy of Driver's License or photo ID.
Please check the State Department website: travel.state.gov, for current processing times for passports.
Remember, if the State Department has any problems with your application, you need to have time to make the necessary corrections or obtain additional documentation before your trip. I mail applications every day at 10:00 A.M. when we pick up the day's mail.
If you have any questions regarding the applications process, please give me a call at (256) 927-3637 or visit http://travel.state.gov. As of February 1, 2004, all passport applicants must appear in person. (Including minors under age 14.) Also, as of 2-1-2008, any minor under the age of 16 requires the consent of both parents.
The above information is for application for a first time adult passport. There are some special rules for children and/or minors so we ask that you contact us ahead of time and let us explain what is required for obtaining their passport. For additional information visit travel.state.gov